Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Noah!!

On Tuesday, March 9th, my nephew Noah is turning 9!! I totally cannot believe that he is almost to the double digits! He has grown up so quickly, but is a super, crazy, funny boy....you should see some of the looks he gives and some of the cutest little comments he makes (see picture below for one of his funny moments from my vacation back to San Diego last summer!!)

I also used a Freebie Digi Stamp from Bugaboo Stamps that is so cute!! Be sure to check out their website HERE for some awesome stamps you can buy!

When my lovely sister-in-law, Angel, was expecting him, they told her during the ultrasound that she was having a girl. She was excited because she had 2 boys already and wanted to get her hands on some girlie pink stuff. When we had her baby shower, she got plenty of pink things and I made a comment that it would be "funny" if it turned out she was actually having a boy!!

Come delivery day, I got to the hospital late (I worked in the City of San Diego and he was born at Camp Pendleton Navy Hospital in Oceanside, CA which is about 45 minutes away with no traffic, 1 1/2 hours if there is traffic). My husband was stationed on Camp Pendleton, so he was already at the hospital waiting for me. When I walked up to him he told me that the baby was already here and that it was a little boy. I said "You're lying!!" and he said "Unless little girls come with little winkies, it's a boy!!" My poor sister-in-law was a little upset, but she soon got over that (he is her little sidekick now and I think her favorite....LOL!!) I had to run to Walmart to get some baby boy clothes since all they had were pink frilly things!! So instead of an Eliana Isabel Leilani Vasquez, we got our Noah Joaquin....and I wouldn't trade him for the world!!

Thanks for letting me share my story of my nephew's birth with you all. I love recounting the day he was born!! Til next time,

xoxo,
Karen


Products used:
CS - DCWV (blue) and CTMH (white)
PP - DCWV
Digi Stamp - Bugaboo Stamps
Blending Pen - CTMH
Color Pencils - Derwent watercolors
Font - Boring Showers
Emboss Pen - Zig
Emboss Powder - CTMH (clover meadow), Ranger (copper)
Ribbon - unknown
Ink - CTMH (clover meadow)
Stickles - orange peel, yellow, antique linen, waterfall & black diamond
Scallop Border - cut from my WB

No comments:

Post a Comment